- Patrick was not used to eating spicy. <---- it means that he could not tolerate spicy food in the past.
- After a year living in Indonesia, Patrick got used to eating spicy food. <---- it means that he now could tolerate spicy food
- Three years later, Patrick is used to eating spicy food. <---- he can tolerate spicy food now.
How about "Used to"?
"Used to" and "be/get used to" are completely different meaning. See below for illustration
- I am used to smoking. <--- this means that you smoke now. or you get accustomed to smoke.
- I used to smoke. <--- this means that you stop smoking now. or you are no longer a smoker. But before you were a smoker.
- Hans was a vegetarian. Now, he is no longer a vegetarian.
Hans (used to/ be used to) (eat) only vegetable. Now, he (used to/ be used to) (eat) beef.
- Jenny weighted at 100 kg and was considered fat. She exercised a lot and lose weight. She is slim now.
Jenny (used to/ be used to) (eat) a lot of junk food. Now, she (used to/ be used to) (eat) healthy food.